Wednesday, April 26, 2006

In the market for new legs

I had my first indoor game of the spring season on Monday and, aside from the fact that I always forget how unbelievably hard indoor is, I had a great time! Indoor is perfect for someone with a short attention span because there are only two twenty minute halves, compared to two forty minute halves in outdoor. The game is over before you have the opportunity to get bored! Despite the short halves, I had shaky legs when I walked off the field at the end of the game. Another girl on the team was asking me if I thought she could run around Greenlake in her indoor shoes and I almost puked a little into my mouth. A different girl talked about her ultra-marathon relay that she'd raced in the day before. "I ran thirteen miles, so I might be pretty useless today," she chirped as she bounced onto the field. I am still sore. I can't wait for next week's game.

No comments: