Saturday, April 15, 2006

Rest and Relaxation

After weeks of going and going and going and going and . . . well, you get the idea, I decided that it was time for some sleep and unaplogetic television watching and reading and running as long as I want to. Because Seattle has too many distractions and noisy neighbors, I came to the serenity of my parents' house. I slept for four hours yesterday afternoon, woke up and watched a movie, then slept for twelve more hours. As I was stretching in bed and thinking about how wonderful it is to actually rest and, for once, not worry about what I could be doing, my Mom knocked on the door. "Ailey," she said with obvious concern, "are you depressed?"

"No," I replied. "I'm just well-rested."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we should run sometime

Unknown said...

Okay, Anonymous! But only as long you promise not to talk to me. I hate making conversation while running.

Unknown said...

I slept 12 hours last night too. But I am not depressed, just hella tired. I did, however, Ski Patrol yesterday and ride 35 miles today, so I would say it was justified.

Anonymous said...

www.mapmyrun.com its pretty cool, check it out.

promise i wont talk to you... i have a great running setlist for my ipod. :-)

today i did a 9 miler around sammamish plateau... hills are killer!