Saturday, March 26, 2005

Still in Germany

I lied, I'm updating from Germany again because I have HUGE news - I saw a Starbucks!!! It was closed so I couldn't go in, but I saw one. I recognized the green table-tents from afar and my heart started pounding. Just seeing it was enough to convince me that I'm back in the western world. I walked around this morning looking at old buildings and eating German pastries. It is cold here right now. There is a park along the Rhine river and the entire area was covered in chilly fog, but it was nice to walk through anyway. Since last night I have met people from Malta, India, America, and, of course, Germany. Travelling is always so interesting. Alright, back to my hotel to pack up and catch the subway back to the airport. Goodbye, Frankfurt! You were amazing.

1 comment:

ChaosCaro said...

Hey Ailey,
Did you forget that I am in Germany, and by the way, Frankfurt is only 1 1/2 hours driving from Cologne. Why didn´t you call me? I would have come to Frankfurt to meet you!!!
Oh, well, I´m going to Mallorca today. And you´re going to DC today, so bad timing.
Hope you´re fine, have a good flight home!!