Saturday, July 18, 2009

Chillaxing in the Dush

It's my night off! I'm hanging out with Jarrett in Dushanbe, watching DVDs in the AC. He's staying at his friend Anna's apartment in the middle of downtown and it all feels very luxurious compared to camp. Tonight, we might even do adult things, such as drink a beer or two at the Opera Ballet! It's the little things of independent adulthood that I miss the most lately.

The camp driver dropped me off in front of the apartment complex and the girls in the backseat shouted, "Go easy on the Sim Sim, Ailey!" I gave them my best stern look, but laughed as soon as I got out. Going easy on the Sim Sim won't be a problem for me - I've had the Tajik Tummy and a head cold for the past week. Rather, having the energy to enjoy my night off will be the issue. Thankfully, Jarrett is in a mood for relaxation.

Anyway, this weekend wraps-up my second week in Tajikistan. I'm keeping busy observing Tajik classes, writing reports and maintaining the camp blog, teaching the teachers to swim, and frying my brain with the Perso-Arabic alphabet. The time is going by quickly and I relish my rare nights off, especially when I can spend them with Jarrett (and AC).

No comments: