Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pictures from England (captions to follow)

I had a quick trip in England. Ritchie and I visited family, went to a beer festival, visited more family, and slept in. I only had two days, so that was about all we could fit in together. Below are a few pictures from my excursion.

Here we have an old building with a humorous name in Hitchin, where we visited Ritchie's brother, Martin, and sister-in-law, Deborah.
Ritchie, Martin (why the ridiculous hat, Martin?), and me at the beer festival. Apparently, only bearded men with top hats and pipes support real ale. I can't attest to this fact. The one unifying characteristic that I noted was drunkenness.Beer festival! Apparently "real ales" are dying out. Here, I sample a real ale and show my support through a beer festival t-shirt (circa 2007). The beers were delicious, though some smelled of farts.
Ritchie, me, and Lorraine (Ritchie's sister-in-law) out for dinner for Ritchie's birthday. We continued our real ale drinking at the pub, which caused me to pass out at 10 p.m. when I went upstairs to put on my pajamas. Oops. Pat and Diane. Can you see Ritchie in them?
Martin, Tilly, and Liam share a hug. They're so cute when they're smiling!

It was a great, if short trip and I can't wait to go back. I'm already planning for summer or fall of 2009, though Ritchie gave me the side-eye when I mentioned it. Perhaps I'll have to win the lottery first.

No comments: