Thursday, March 12, 2009

Laying over in England

Ritchie and I got into England this afternoon and now we're hanging out with the soon-to-be-in-laws. I love visiting England because there are delightful things here (aside from the soon-to-be-in-laws, of course). A few of my favorites: Tetley tea, Scotch eggs, biscuits with more chocolate on it than cookie, and Branston's Pickle. Last time we were here, Ritchie told me that if we lived in the UK I'd get very fat. This is probably true. However, we don't live here, so I will continue to stuff my face with meat pies and other goodies over the course of my short stay.

I'm off for a walk in the park to combat the jet lag. Of course, I want to sleep and sleep and sleepandsleepandsleep, but I'm going to gather my willpower and stay away until at least 9 p.m. tonight.

Update: After writing this post, I gave in to temptation and slept for two hours. Crawling into bed was like being in a sweet, warm embrace of angels (or something equally as pleasant). I stand in the face of all who say that one must stay up all day after arriving and disagree. It was AWESOME! And I slept all night. So there.

No comments: