Thursday, July 12, 2007

The little typhoon that could (ruin my weekend plans).

Actually, the typhoon isn't little. In fact, it could be really, really big and it's supposed to hit Shikoku this weekend. Coincidentally, I'm also supposed to hit Shikoku this weekend. I've been looking forward to this weekend for over a month. Some friends and I gathered camping gear, assigned a driver, and booked our places on the dual white-water rafting/canyoning trip through one of Japans biggest gorges. That sounds fun, right? I thought so, too! I even though that doing it in the rain would be a good time, until I came to my senses and realized that a typhoon means sheets of rain, thunder, lightening, and gale-force winds. Needless to say, the rafting company is threatening to cancel our trip. One friend has already backed-out. Should the rest of us admit defeat in the face of this little typhoon and cancel our trip altogether? No, I say! We will forge on, despite the rain and wind and possible electrocution! I refuse to let a little typhoon ruin my weekend plans. There might not be rafting, but there WILL be huddling in a tent, trying not to drown. So, take that, typhoon. We might even play cards.

No comments: