Thursday, June 21, 2007

Best Engrish of the Day

'I think that I like the home.'

I'm relieved that I won't need to call Child Protective Services for Mr. Kadono, though I'm left dangling with that 'I think . . .' Could things be bad at home and he just doesn't know it?

'My birthday on December twentyth six. My birthday eat cake. It is Derishas.'

I don't even know where to begin on this one, though I give Miss Imazue an A for effort. At least she was able to put three sentences together! I also like the idea of a birthday eating cake, if a birthday had a physical form. Very creative and avante garde.

'I don't think I like baby.'

Considering that the student who wrote this is only fourteen and just getting involved in all of those mixed-up adolescent feelings, I'm pleased to see that he's lucid enough to recognize that there is only one thing that could make his life more awkward right now - spawning.

And here's my personal favorite from today:

'I think that Miss Ailey is a great teacher.'

Aaaaaaaawwwwwww!!! Alright, that one is a perfect English sentence and obviously not funny, but I posted it so that everyone can see how awesome I am. That's right, love me. Adore me. I am deserving.

No comments: