Friday, May 19, 2006

Exciting Developments

Despite the fact that Sean's dad told me I looked like a 'gay longshoreman', things are going really well for this soon-no-longer-Seattleite. Next weekend is Memorial Day which should be an extravaganza of awesomeness. My friends and I are renting a jet ski, going to Sasquatch at the Gorge (Death Cab for Cutie and the Decemberists are playing) and hanging out in what I hope is a lot of sunshine. Sadly, Climberchica and Corporate Media Whore will not be in attendance because they fear good times and socializing. We will enjoy ourselves despite their absense.

Also, I got my placement, sort of, in Japan! All I currently know is that I'll be living in the Hyogo Prefecture, which is on Honshu and close to Kobe. There was a huge earthquake in Kobe in 2006 and that's all I know about the area. Perhaps it's time to do some research.

So many exciting developments. So difficult to focus on other things. Like work. Which is where I am right now, typing on my blog. And thinking about Memorial Day and Japan.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...let's see...

Cleaning up after a bunch of drunken people I don't know nor do I care about, fighting for the bathroom, belaying the same people up lame 5.7 routes

VS.

Hanging out with the person I care most in the world about, climbing hard routes, laying around in the hammock, playing with the dog at a secluded campsite, drinking around the campfire...

Hard choice, I say.

Unknown said...

But I did forget to add...

Have a fun time!

And don't forget- Mom is ANAL RETENTIVE about the cleanliness of the cabin. Just a little warning for ya.

Sean Brown said...

Again, congrats on the placement. I just decided against a Kobe joke involving basketball and a statutory rape accusation. Didn't think it was appropriate...

Sounds like an awesome Memorial day. Death Cab will be cool, too bad the Decemberists suck. And speaking of music, I never heard your thoughts on Summer Sonic (http://www.summersonic.com/index.html). Are you game or are you going to go like 0-17 on attempts at being cool?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your placement in Japan! I saw where you will be a two hour train ride from Fukouka. Just how do you pronounce that, anyway?

LaMar

Unknown said...

By the person you 'care most in the world about' you ARE referring to Noah, right? Because dogs need love too, Eryn.