Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Communal laundry protocol

Is there a set of rules for using communal laundry rooms? I ask because it seems like everyone has a different idea of what is polite and what is correct. Last night I needed to wash socks (desperately), but when I went to the laundry room, I saw that the girl from upstairs had left her clothes in the washer AND dryer. Rather than throwing her clothes on the floor or on top of the nasty washer, I placed her dry clothes in her laundry hamper on the floor and put her wets in the dryer (but did not dry them). I even hung her puffy jacket to dry! Was this wrong? Did I overstep my boundaries? Because she got PISSED. I could hear her yelling about it from my apartment and was completely at a loss. Something about her jeans . . . I honestly have no idea. But, really, she shouldn't have left her crap in the machines for an hour. Because THAT definitely goes against protocol.

1 comment:

ChaosCaro said...

When I lived in Paris in this realy nice dorm, peolpe would just throw your stuff on the very!! dirty floor if you were just one sec too late. I hated it, because I had to wash everything again. Oh, and I found out that 99% of people are crazy!
Carolin