Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My desk is producing flowers

It's inexplicable . . . When I left the office last night at 5 PM, there were no flowers on my desk. But when I came in this morning, there were two bunches of red, white, and purple flowers! I looked for a card, but there was none. I looked around at my co-workers - could the flowers have been placed on my desk by mistake? But none of my co-workers jumped up with an accusing finger pointed at me shouting 'THIEF'. They all continued to stare glassy-eyed at their computer screens and I finally concluded that the mysterious flowers must be meant for me.

After doing some research, I discovered that one of my clients had dropped them by the office last night. When I talked to him this morning, he said, "You've worked so hard for me. I figured there's no harm in say 'thank you.'" What he didn't realize is that I have been in a terrible mood all week - antisocial and grumpy - and I've been hating my job. Getting flowers on my desk has made my day and my week. Who knows, maybe even my month. So thank you, Bob, if you read this. They are the most beautiful flowers I've seen in a long time.

No comments: