Monday, February 07, 2005

What a chest cold!

I don't have anything to report right now, other than the fact that I have a chest cold and it sucks. Oh yeah! I also heard some exciting stories about a certain volunteer residing on the lake (to remain unnamed - you know who you are) who lept out of a two-story window in order to escape the wrathful husband of his roommate's girlfriend. Given the options of a) facing drunk and scary Kyrgyz man bent on revenge and b) leaping Batman-esque out of a two-story window, I would definitely choose the window. What's a back fracture compared to years of night-sweats and dreams that such a man is coming after you? This is my opinion on the matter. Also, I have started my secondary project and it is called Increasing Tourism in Kyrgyzstan by Convincing Friends to Visit Me. What do you think of the title? Here's what I can offer you if you come here: a week-long horseback riding trek through the nature preserve! Really, really cheap food, the likes of which you have never even dreamed of! Unlimited hiking through unsettled mountain country! Also, will offer myself as your personal guide and champion at taxi stops and on marshukas for free. What a deal! So consider it, and think of the underprivileged country that you would be helping out with your powerful American dollars. Alright, that's enough for now. I'm going to go and feel sorry for myself and dream about chicken noodle soup. I'm also going to cough a lot. Bye for now!

No comments: