Wednesday, November 23, 2011

This is what packing for a year looks like.

Packing is a total nightmare. I like to think that I have a system to ensure that I pack everything I need. The system goes something like this:

1. A week before departure, throw every form of clothing that I own on the floor.
2. Arrange into sloppy piles.
3. Let sit for several days (but look at piles and feel stressed out every time I enter the bedroom).
4. Re-arrange piles into less sloppy forms; throw more clothes on the floor.
5. Hours before departure, stuff clothes into suitcases in a panic.
6. Once on airplane, remember important items that I have forgotten (probably somewhere on the floor).

This picture was taken with my phone which has a lame camera, but this gives you the general idea:


As I said, it's a nightmare. Yet, I have so many other things to do and I don't leave until Saturday! That leaves me at least a few hours on Saturday morning to haphazardly throw this crap into my collection of suitcases. Wish me luck!

No comments: