Sunday, November 27, 2011

Finally in the UK!

After several days of sad goodbyes to family and friends, we finally departed for the UK and arrived this morning. Unusually, the flight was pretty good! Without paying for an upgrade, I was able to claim five entire seats and sleep lying down. Ritchie had two seats and slept happily. Add a curry option for dinner and you have two very satisfied flyers. Anyway, boring airplane ride aside, we had a nice welcome at my in-laws house and got to visit with everyone for a few hours. (According to my mother-in-law, it wasn’t “dinner,” it was a “buffet.” I don’t know the difference). Ritchie and I only have two days in the UK before we leave for India; I fully plan on spending those two days relaxing, stuffing myself with pies and scotch eggs, and reading the Daily Mail while drinking tea. Please don't expect any interesting posts for the next few days - as exemplified by this post - as the real adventures have yet to start.

No comments: