Sunday, July 24, 2011

New volunteering gig

I met with the Country Director for Relief International yesterday. In Tajikistan, Relief International primarly sets-up internet centers in schools across the country to promote cultural understanding and education. As a volunteer, I'll be working at one of the internet centers - at a local school for the deaf. One of the deaf students is currently learning English with the hopes of studying in the US for a year and I'm going to help her.

I have experience teaching English, but not to deaf students. This will pose a new challenge. Also, I hadn't expected to be teaching English in Dushanbe, but I think this will be a new and interesting experience. Also, if this student does end up studying in the US, I'll have helped get her there.

2 comments:

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
h.Lo said...

Ailey, you're amazing! Keep up the great work. =) xoxo, heather.