Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Six Week Festival o' Fun

It's Monday morning, I'm back at school, and I'm very tired. The past month and a half has been a tornado (un-PC in light of recent events in the mid-West?) of travels and events and good times. From now on, I will refer to this period as the Festival o' Fun. So far, it has been one of the best times I've had in Japan. This is thanks to the visits of friends and family who are determined to use me as an excuse to see a little more of the world. Ha! Luckily for me, I was able to convince them to visit me in my town which sits somewhere between elsewhere and nowhere. Hilarity ensued. I’m wondering if I should even begin to detail what I’ve been doing these past weeks, or just let it go with a simple, “Good times were had.” But that is a cop-out and, as a Creative Writing major (thanks, Mom and Dad!), I feel the weight of responsibility – writing is a heavy burden.

Three (not-so-brief) synopses of my recent adventures with friends and family are below. Pictures will follow soon!

No comments: