Tuesday, April 10, 2007

If Oprah can do it, then so can I.

Inspired by my friends Liz and Rob who are running the Nagano Marathon next weekend, I've decided to dust off my running shoes, banish the icecream and beer, and start training for a marathon. To cement my commitment, I even booked my place! Okay, okay, I've signed up for a marathon before and not run it, but I'm older now! You know, more mature and determined and stuff. Barring injury, illness, or death (my own), I WILL complete this race. If you're interested, check out www.bellinghambaymarathon.com. It's a new race, so I'll be one of the first (hundred or so) people to do it. Cool! Oh, and wish me luck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats! Maybe I will be there to cart your ass home in a wheelchair.

But probably not. 'Cause I'm lazy and self-centered like that.