Monday, March 12, 2007

I'm going to grad school!

I found out the good news today - I've been accepted to the University of Washington graduate school! This is very exciting and, hopefully, will be a good start to a . . . gasp . . . career. I'm really excited to be back in school. As nerdy as this sounds, I really like studying and learning and being in a mentally stimulating environment. For those who are curious, I'm going to get concurrent Masters degrees in Public Affairs (with a focus on International Development) and International Studies. I also hope to keep up with my languages by taking Spanish, Japanese, and possibly Arabic or French throughout my time at the UW. So, wish me luck!

And please send money.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations my esteemed sis! Grad school...ah, the double edged sword. Years of debt or a lifetime worth of knowledge? Who can choose between such esteemed ideals? I should know- I owe until I'm 45. Thank GOD I went to grad school to be a teacher, 'cause now I am one and I can tell, the financial rewards? They're AWESOME.

Good luck! I love you!

Kathryn said...

congratulations darling! And I'm thrilled you'll be back in Seattle for awhile!