Monday, February 04, 2008

Yesterday, some people played football. Do you really care?

Yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday and I didn't care.

The Super Bowl is good for eating fried food and drinking beer, but other than that it's boring. I've kept my silence for so long, but even when the Seahawks played it was boring! The half-time show is somewhat interesting, but that doesn't involve men in pads, so the point is moot.

You know who else doesn't care about the Super Bowl? The rest of the world, that's who. They have a different sport that also happens to be called football. The main difference is that it's fast and fun and the game doesn't stop every thirty seconds.

It's amusing when, at the end of the Super Bowl, they pronounce the winners the "World Champions of Football." Somewhere out there, a lone Englishman is cheering.

Right name, wrong sport. I think I'll go skiing next year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nope. I don't care either. Really, is it a SPORT if you can weigh 300 pounds and just stand there?