Saturday, January 06, 2007

Last day in the Western World!

Today is my last full day in the United Kingdom. It has been such an awesome trip and so, so busy. I spent Christmas in Luton with Ritchie's family, saw Oxford, St. Albans, Cambridge (fun to see Ritchie go all dreamy-eyed as he showed me around, Pembroke, his former college), and London. I've spent the past four days in Newcastle with my friend from Japan, Liz. We went up to Edinburgh for a night and a day and had a raucous time, enjoying the castle, Christmas Market, and beautiful scenery. Other than spending time with Ritchie and Liz, my favorite parts of the trip have been seeing the Tower of London and the British Museum (SO much old shit!), walking around Cambridge, and the trip to Edinburgh. I've also loved eating fish and chips and various pies, as well as drinking tea for breakfast and pints with lunch. I'll be sad to leave the Western World, but I've stocked up on English tea and chocolates, so that should tide me over for a while. My Canadian friend just sent me a message, warning me not to come home with an English accent. Quite.

No comments: